On Friday, May 15, 2020, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf announced that Cumberland and York counties (the counties where Messiah’s physical campus is located) will move to “yellow” on May 22, according to the state’s COVID-19 phased re-opening plan. Under that plan, even in the yellow phase, the College will need to continue operating under tight restrictions.
Campus access during the yellow phase:
- Messiah College’ physical campus will remain closed to the public.
- Employees scheduled to work on campus will continue to be required to wear a mask and have a temperature check daily. Employees and contractors are to follow all CDC restrictions on physical distancing and sanitation.
- Employees currently scheduled to work remotely will continue to work remotely.
- Understanding that employees did not plan to be away from their offices for this length of time, the college is working on a schedule, which will allow limited access to campus offices and labs. Communication about access and schedule will come directly from the provost (for faculty and co-curricular educators) or respective vice president (for non-faculty employees).
- Any employee coming to campus is not permitted to bring anyone else with them.
- All employees that do come to campus must show their college ID at the entrance, wear a mask and only access their own workspace. Use of employee lounges or other public spaces is not permitted. Use of restrooms, if needed, are to be limited to the first floor of the building.
Important information regarding accessing buildings:
- Academic buildings and residence halls access is via the door with the card access.
- Due to construction please note:
- Boyer access is through the side door by Parmer Hall and the restrooms.
- Library access is via the rear lower-level doors.
- Hostetter Chapel access is limited to the lower level. If you do not have card access to that area, call safety at 717-691-6005
- Eisenhower and Sollenberger is via the door by Dispatch.
- Larsen Student Union access is via the lower patio doors.
- Old Main is via door with card access.
- All other access is via main door with key
Mail (in department groupings) will be available during assigned times on May 26, 28 and 29. A schedule to sign up will be communicated via deans and vice presidents. Depending on how long we stay in yellow phase, we will schedule another time later in the summer for pickup.
Departments that currently have a Wednesday schedule to pick up mail (critical offices) will continue to do so.
Residence hall move out:
Undergraduate residential student move-out from campus residences will continue as scheduled through June 30, 2020. Questions related to this should be directed to email@example.com.