This information was sent to all employees and students on March 2, 2020. New information will be posted on this blog as it is made available.
While there continues to be heightened public attention surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19), the College and the Engle Center for Counseling and Health Services continue to closely monitor the situation.
The Engle Center is in close communication with the Pennsylvania Department of Health and is ready to screen patients who meet criteria for testing. If you are concerned that you may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, you should be seen at the Engle Center. Please call ahead so they may properly prepare for your arrival.
Symptoms and transmission:
Symptoms may be flu-like, ranging from mild to serious, and include:
- Difficulty breathing.
- Person-to-person spread is occurring, although it’s unclear exactly how it is transmitted and how easily the virus spreads between people.
- The people most at risk with COVID-19 are the very young, the very old and those with chronic illness. Most healthy people who get COVID-19 will fully recover.
People infected with COVID-19 should receive supportive care to help relieve symptoms. Currently, there is no specific antiviral treatment recommended for COVID-19 infection. (source: CDC)
There is no vaccine to prevent this virus, and the CDC advises that the best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
Here are everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our community healthy. Please refer any questions to Michelle Lucas at email@example.com or at 717-691-6035.