Thank you to all students and employees for your patience and cooperation during the storm and aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. PP&L was able to restore power to the affected buildings on campus late Tuesday afternoon. The Grantham Campus will re-open at 6 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 31 and all classes and college activities will resume normal operations. All essential and non-essential employees should report to work according to their regular schedules.
For the remainder of Tuesday evening, Oct. 30:
- All evening classes and activities remain cancelled.
- Eisenhower Campus Center and the Sollenberger Sports Center will close following dinner service.
- All other campus buildings (with the exception of student residences and the Larsen Student Union) will remain closed throughout Tuesday evening so that facilities and safety personnel can conduct general maintenance and safety walk-throughs of campus facilities prior to re-opening Wednesday morning.
For Wednesday, Oct. 31:
- Dining: Lottie Nelson Dining Hall will resume its normal hours (with a modified menu); Union Café will open at 12 noon (with a limited menu). The Falcon will remain closed on Wednesday, but all dining venues are scheduled to reopen with regular hours and menus effective Thursday, Nov. 1.
- Maintenance issues: If employees notice leaks or other storm-related maintenance issues when returning to their offices and work spaces, they should report them to Facilities Services after 7:30 a.m. at ext. 6011.
- Traffic and parking: Due to rising flood water and debris, the South Entrance of campus, Creekside Drive, Starry Athletic Complex and the Art Warehouse (Mill House) remain off limits to all vehicle and pedestrian traffic until further notice. Commuter students should park in the visitor parking lot (between Old Main and Eisenhower Campus Center).
- Vehicle fleet: The College’s fleet vehicle travel will resume at 6 a.m.