This email was sent to all Grantham students on Friday, October 26.
Storm Predicted to Impact Central Pennsylvania
To All Grantham/Harrisburg Students:
A significant storm is forecasted to hit the Harrisburg area late Sunday through Tuesday. The storm, currently a hurricane named Sandy, brings potential for heavy rain that could cause flooding and high winds that could potentially cause power outages. The Crisis Management Team and colleagues from the Operations Division are monitoring weather forecasts carefully and want to make sure that the campus is prepared for severe weather.
At a minimum, we suggest that you take the following precautions:
- Have a flashlight and batteries on hand.
- Have bottled water in your room and/or keep your reusable water bottles full.
- Make sure your cell phone and computer devices are fully charged.
- If you haven’t already, sign up for the College’s text message alert system. We will likely use texting as a means to communicate important instructions to you. (Directions to sign up for the text message alert system are found at the bottom of the menu here: http://www.messiah.edu/divisions/operations/.)
- Monitor your campus email regularly for updates on the storm and the College’s response.
In addition to text messages and emails, we will also be using Facebook and Twitter to communicate during this storm, so if you aren’t already, please connect with us at Facebook and Twitter. We will continue to track the storm and will provide updates throughout its duration if emergency response procedures are required.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and ask that you join us in praying for the safety of all who will be affected by this storm.