Tonight the College’s Crisis Management Team met and has the following important updates to report in response to pending weather related to Hurricane Sandy.
- The College will be closed effective 6 a.m. on Monday, October 29. All day and evening classes and activities are cancelled. Essential employees should report to work and all non-essential employees are not permitted to come to campus.
- All campus buildings will be closed with the exception of Lottie Nelson Dining Hall which will remain open for its normal operating hours. The Falcon Express and Union Café will not be open.
- Messiah’s official vehicle fleet has been grounded until further notice.
- The South Entrance and Starry Athletic Complex are also closed until further notice.
- Given the strength of the predicted weather, all students are expected to stay indoors. Students are asked not to move their vehicles and to stay off the roads due to expected dangerous flooding, high winds and debris.
- Everyone on campus is instructed to stay away from the Yellow Breeches Creek because of flash flood warnings.
- Medical emergencies and emergency maintenance issues should be directed to Dispatch at ext. 6005.
The College’s Crisis Management Team continues to monitor the storm and meet on a regular basis. We will provide updates to the campus community as they develop.